Thursday, June 16, 2011

Blog 1:Educational Autobiography

While I was in school, I enjoyed most of my experiences. I earned good grades and all the information came easy for me to learn. I did all of my homework and my teachers always liked me. I was always very timid in school, and when I first got to kindergarten at Glenbrook Elementary School in Pulaski, WI, I was very afraid. My kindergarten teacher always made the classroom such a warm, inviting environment that I eventually got over my fears and started enjoying school. I first decided to become a teacher when I was in first grade. I owe it all to my first grade teacher, Mrs. Anderson. She was one of the most caring individuals I had ever met. She truly loved being a teacher and wanted to see all of her students succeed. She had this reading loft in her classroom. It had a lower part that housed bean bags, and when it was earned the students to go in there to read. But the real privilege was when you got to sit on the top of the loft to read! I remember having so much fun reading, and I would venture to say that her class helped develop my love for reading, which is what I want to pass on to my students.
I also had a really great teacher when I was in 8th grade. She was a science teacher, and I was never one to enjoy science, but she made things fun. Not only did she have a way of explaining things that were understandable, she was also a very good role model. I spoke with her on occasions of how to lead a healthy lifestyle. She was a vegetarian, and she helped to to become more healthy with my eating habits. One of the major reasons I want to become a teacher is provide young girls with a positive role model, someone to show them that leading a simple, moral life is just as much fun as the people on television.

Korri M. Kraemer

No comments:

Post a Comment