Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Blog 14: Resources

I would like to use the ePals Global Community. This website will connect my class with other classes around the world. Connecting my students while we read texts on a certain country would enable my students to ask those students questions about their lives to learn a new culture. For example, if we were to be learning about works of literature from Britain, we could connect with a class from Britain to make a real world connection to the book. Also, if I wanted my students to work on writing skills, we could make ‘pen pals’ with the students from different places to work on writing skills.
                Another website I would like to use would be How Online Simulations Work in the Classroom. Online simulations are great to show students a different time period that we wouldn’t normally get to experience. If we were to study Shakespeare, if possible, we could find a simulation of that time period so the students could understand the language that was spoken and to make connections with the works of Shakespeare.
                I also like The Fischbowl website. I like that there is a source to go to for ideas for digital media. It is nice to know that there is support for teachers so that when question arise, and ideas for projects that use digital media in the classroom.
-Korri M. Kraemer

No comments:

Post a Comment